Thursday, March 25, 2010

12 days to GO

I have already seen the glory of God and I haven't even left yet.

John 11:40
Jesus said to her, " Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?"

Uhmm, is Jesus talking directly to me here? I was so scared, so doubtful, of signing up for this trip to Africa, that money would not be provided, that my children would not be taken care of? Who am I, to assume God would have big plans for me?

I have been so humbled by His provision! At the end of January, I signed up to go with Visiting Orphans to Africa. A few days later, on February 1, my husband lost his job. So, me being practical, decided not to go. How could we afford to pay for the trip if I couldn't raise the money and how could I ask my family and friends for so much help?

But the funny thing is, when you are called to do something, you should just do it. No questions, no doubt. Take that leap of faith. God kept calling out to me, sometimes in the little things, and sometimes I felt like I was being slapped upside the head with Africa. So I signed back up to go to Uganda and Ethiopia on February 23rd.

In the last month, I have been so blessed. Over and over, I have seen His provision. Last Saturday I went to get five vaccinations for the trip, intending to charge them because I knew it would be costly. The doctor was gracious enough to give me a 40% discount because I was traveling for missions. My mom, dad, and brother had given me money that week as well, totaling $350. Total bill for shots with discount--$360. So I paid for my shots with cash and walked out of the office laughing.

My dear brother-in-law who donated, thank you! To my anonymous donor, thank you. I don't know who you are, but may God bless you!

I have had so many people give, dear ones who are struggling financially, yet still poured out their love towards me. Their obedience is my blessing!

I'm not sure of my total yet, but I know I have raised enough to pay for the trip, plus a little extra to help with supplies. Lord, you are my provider, Jehovah-Jireh. Genesis 22:12-14. The meaning of this name is The Lord Who Provides. The name is literally, The Lord Who Sees, or The Lord Who Will See To It. Is that not a comforting thought, that the Lord will see to it?

Thank you to my husband, my parents, my in-laws, who help me with our children so I can be faithful and obedient.

I can already see the joy , the beauty of the children's faces. I cannot wait to GO. You have made beauty from ashes. Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to go, for calling out to me, and taking me on this journey.

I have been bound with three lovely ladies for life. To lay on our stomachs on the floor, laughing, praying, planning. What friendships we have already strengthened, before we even go.

I am just one. One ordinary girl, on an extraordinary journey. Thank you for walking with me!

0 comments: