Warning: This post will make you cry. Read at your own risk.
I received a sweet email today from my friend, Sumer, who moved to Africa this summer. She had forwarded me a note my sponsored child, Askaley, wrote to me. I share it with some trepidation, it is very personal and special to Aaron and I. But I want you to see the impact we have on these children, how much our giving, our obedience, means so much!
Here is the email from Askaley:
I love you so much, Pam. I miss you so much. I just want to see you. I got your photo and your lotion. I just want to say something about you, I am just going to the mountain and I am praying for you because Jesus also prayed on the mountain and God will hear me. I am just praying for you and your family. I got the picture of your babies. Did you get my letter? I miss you so much! I am so happy that you are my sponsor. I see you like my mother because when I cry you are crying with me. You are my mother for me, you are in my mother's place. I live at the dorm in the summer camp. Please pray for Sumer. Sammy is giving for me his hospitality. You know that I have no mother and father, so that you are a gift. I have only one, you. That means that I am depending on you, but I am depending on God. I get your babies letter and drawings. And thank you for them. I am so glad that I have someone that when I cry is crying with me, when I am happy is happy with me. Keep your gift from God, because I have nothing to give you.
I love you,
Askaley
WOW, doesn't that just hit you where it hurts? The things I am worried about, how silly and petty. How quickly we forget! What a good reminder, to trust in the Lord with ALL our heart, to lean on Him, to not worry. What an impact we have had on this sweet 13 year old girl, but what an impact we have had in our lives as a result.
9 years ago



1 comments:
Oh Pam. This is so beautiful. I was so incredibly touched. Thanks for sharing such a personal gift with us.
Love you!
Michelle
Post a Comment