Abi has a project due at school tomorrow called Pay it Forward. She has to turn in a picture of herself with her project and then write a story about it tomorrow at school and share it with her class.
We've all seen the movie and know the premise: to do something kind in your community and hopefully it will be passed on. Her teacher had listed some ideas of projects to choose from or they could create their own. Abi decided to write a letter and passed it out to our neighbors, friends, and some family. Here is her letter:
Hi! I'm Abi. I have a project that I'm working on for school and we have to come up with a way to pay it forward and pass on kindness.
My parents are going on a mission trip to Africa in March. So I was wondering if you could spare one thing for the kids in Africa. My parents need things like toothpaste and band-aids. You could also donate $1.00.
If you possibly have something you can give, you can drop it off at our house until March 1. Thank you for your help!
Abigael Johnson
We are so proud of her! So far she has collected $23 and lots of toothpaste, medicine, and toiletries. Since the project is due tomorrow, we went ahead and took a picture, but donations are still rolling in.

Most importantly, we are proud of you Abi, because you get it. You understand why mommy and daddy are going away to Africa next month and you are so willing to share and to give too.
When I went on a mission trip 3 years ago to Nicaragua, one friend told me that she was certain I was leaving a legacy of missions, of giving, and of going to my children. That is our hope and our dream and our passion.



1 comments:
Tears... :)
So proud of you, Abi! Send me a letter when you can. I'd love to help you! :)
Post a Comment