Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Grocery Game

Well, I've been trying to coupon and really save money on groceries by stocking up and catching some good sales. (one of my New Year's resolutions)

Here are the results for this week. I shopped at Publix, they have a big Viva Italian sale going on.

I spent $49. 61 and saved $64. 79!


that equals $114.40 dollars of groceries for $49.61

I got:
7 cans of Progresso soup
2 cans of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
3 cans of Pillsbury cresent rolls
2 Totinos pizzas
2 Muir Glen organic spaghetti sauce
4 boxes variety Green Giant frozen vegetables
2 gallons of milk
1 gallon apple juice
2 boxes Minute Maid coolers
1 Cole's garlic/cheese bread
1 Sea Pak tilapia with artichoke/pesto
2 boxes Betty crocker muffin mix
2 Pepperidge Farm french bread loaves
2 Publix premium vanilla ice cream half gallon
1 Mott's applesauce-6 pack
1 lean ground beef
2 bags Lays potato chips
1 box Little Debbie cakes
1 3 pound bag of apples
2 Hunt's ketchup
1 package Hormel pepperoni
1 box Publix strawberry fruit bars

Now that's some good couponing! I will say that I forgot to get the Publix penny item that is now on Wednesdays. ( a box of saltine crackers) That was the reason I waited to grocery shop this evening for the week. I was pretty mad when I got home!

It took about an hour of planning, sitting down with the computer and Publix ad, my coupons, and printing off some internet coupons too. I'll gladly spend an hour to make $64.79. Is there any jobs out there hiring for that?

Then, when I got home, I found a note in Avery's backpack asking to send in 5 canned goods next week. Progresso soup, anyone?

I think I'll go cook some cinnamon rolls to celebrate!


3 comments:

Aaron Johnson said...

One of the many reasons that I both love my wife, and let her handle the finances.

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Pamela, you are my hero! I have got to figure out how to do this!

jam'n bell said...

pam- take your receipt to publix. i've forgotten to get my penny item a time or two and they've always honored giving me my penny item.