What if? What if everything stacks up to make this seem impossible? What if your husband loses his main source of income two days after you choose to go? What if your car won’t start, your buyer falls through on your house, other distractions pile up that you can’t even speak about? What if it all is to make you say no, this isn’t the right time, there is no money, what will you do with the kids…?
But what if? What if there is a calling so great that it can no longer be ignored? What if every time you speak of Africa, you weep? What if you know?
So I signed up to go to Uganda through Visiting Orphans. We will visit Katie Davis, a 21 year old from Brentwood, Tennessee, who has OBEYED God’s call for her life. She has adopted 14 girls and also feeds hundreds of children per week in Uganda. We will visit Pastor Isaac, at Canaan’s Children’s Home, a man who was persecuted for his faith, shot and left in a forest, who managed to crawl out alive, only to be used by God to save these orphans. We will also visit a landfill in Ethiopia, where children wait for the garbage truck to rummage for food. It smells so horrific, you wonder how you can stand it for one more minute, wanting to leave but knowing hundreds of children call this HOME.
So I desperately need your help! Please PRAY for me, for our family, for our finances, for our job situation. Many circumstances have piled up since I signed up to go on this trip. To the point where I had given up and said I would just wait. But what if you step out, to have faith, to trust immeasurably, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine?
And I ask for your financial support. I know many people are in hard financial situations. Please consider if you feel led to help me on this journey. The trip to Uganda and Ethiopia costs $3400. That is a lot of money to raise, A LOT. Trust me, I know. The first installment was due last week. I did not have it.
We depart April 7 and return April 18. This is quickly approaching; I cannot wait any longer, I have to just do it. This is a long time to be away from home, away from my husband and children. My sweet husband, Aaron, who is so supportive, says go, you just go.
The Uganda portion of this trip will be spent working at Amazima Ministries (Kisses from Katie) with their feeding program and with the Karamajong children. Also, we will be working with the orphans at Canaan Children's Home in Jinja and visiting with the children at My Father's House in Kampala. We will be packing and delivering school supplies for My Father's House and shoes and clothing to the Karamajong children.
The Ethiopian portion of this trip will be spent working with Kid's Care orphanage, Mother Teresa HIV orphanage, AHope HIV orphanage, children living and working in the dump in Addis and a ministry for street children. We will be packing and delivering formula for many different orphanages.
Thank you for your prayers. Please pray for our team, for unity, for our health, for our families. Thank you for your financial support! I am so incredibly blessed to walk this journey of faith with you. Please contact me with any questions at pamelasue1977@yahoo.com or call me at 615-533-1661. I have enclosed an envelope addressed to Visiting Orphans. Please make checks payable to Visiting Orphans and return with the response form. Any donations made will be tax deductible.
Please visit www.visitingorphans.org for more information about this ministry.
You can also visit www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com but do so at your own risk. Her story is amazing; you will be blessed and possibly changed forever.
Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.
Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Blessings in Christ,
Pamela Johnson
Visiting Orphans
P. O. Box 1766
Brentwood, Tennessee 37024
9 years ago



1 comments:
Oh, Pamela, I will DEFINATELY pray! This is SO close to my heart. I can't imagine you don't know about MIke and Suzanne's story and about our Josie Love (joiningthejourney.blogspot.com) but all I can say is she has been an amazing blessing to ALL of us! I have also been able to meet Katie a few times (she is precious) and we were wearing our 147 shirts today that support Amazima, so I am so excited for you! God is really moving in some amazing ways over there. Good luck not catching the adoption bug while you are there! Love you guys and hope you are all well!!
Post a Comment