Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good Intentions Gone Bad

So far this week, Chef Johnson has had no luck, nil, nothing at following previous post's menu. Here is our story...

Monday-- Aaron calls at 12:30 and says Bing (his boss) has invited us over for hamburgers for dinner. Oh, can I bring a dessert. Luckily, I had just bought Nestle Tollhouse cookies. So scratch masterplan ravioli for the night and go make cookies.
Tuesday-- My friend Melody made dinner for our family--manicotti for the kids and chicken parmesan paninis for us. Thanks Melody!!! Aaron was driving home from Atlanta, met us at ballet at 6:30. Of course he was hungry that night and he made tacos around 9:30. Scratch masterplan tacos for Friday night.
Wednesday-- Aaron calls me at work around 3:00 and asks if we can drive to Gaylord Golf Course in Donelson to exchange a new golf jacket he received that was too large. Could we meet Denver and Amy for dinner while we were there. Sure no problem. We rarely get to see our friends as we live halfway (exactly) across the state from each other. I also snuck a trip to Opry Mills in (since we were so close) to return some stuff that won't fit sumo baby. So scratch masterplan tortilla soup for the night.
Thursday-- Aaron texts me at work (starting to be funny right) and says " don't forget insurance man coming at 6:00 to sign paperwork for new insurance". Right-- of course I had forgotten and seeing that I didn't get home til 5:40, the kids had chicken nuggets, edamane, and yogurt for dinner. then m & m's and grapes. Insurance man left at 7:15ish and Aaron had a quesadilla and nachos and I had nachos and salsa for dinner. Yep!! Scratch masterplan chicken potstickers and veggies!!
So--good intentions, but no luck this week. Guess what we are eating next week???

I can't complain, I didn't have to cook at all this week!!!

0 comments: