I am sorry I have been so remiss in posting about Africa. It has just been hard to get into words and to relay to others about the trip.
I wrote several weeks ago about Uganda. About the little boy I fell in love with, Alan, who lives at Canaan's Children's Home.
Another great ministry that we got to be a part of was Amazima Ministries. Amazima means truth. Katie Davis, from Brentwood, Tn, moved to Uganda several years ago, after a short term mission trip. She has now adopted 14 girls and also started a feeding program which feeds hundreds of children every Saturday through a sponsorship program. Oh, and did I mention that she is 21 years old.
We were privileged to be a part of this day one Saturday. The children have a Bible story, sing songs and play for hours. We took soccer balls, parachutes, face paint, crafts, stickers, etc. to play with them. They braided our hair, and just sat and talked with us too.
We were able to help serve a meal to the children. Rice, beans, and one piece of chicken. We also had helped fill 300 bags of rice, 300 bags of flour, and 300 bags of beans, for them to take home. It was amazing, watching them walk off the field, in a row, with those turquoise bags of food balanced on their heads. Most of these children walk 1 or 2 miles home by themselves, little children too. Here is a brief recap through pictures:
Katie's monkey. I have a few pictures of Katie, at her house and with her girls, but she had asked us not to post them on the internet. She is very protective of those girls of hers and loves them so very much!
The kids during the Bible story
one of my favorites, the kids praying after the story!
I was a face painter, and boy did I paint me a lot of brown faces all week. I loved it!
the girls who braided my hair...
this is a sweet girl named Dora. I held her, we talked, we sang, we played, she napped on me. I loved her!
passing out bags of food.
the children walking away with their bags of food. Uganda is a very beautiful country, so lush and green.
That's it for Uganda. Now on to Ethiopia in the next post (where I lost my heart to those Korah kids from the dump!)
www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com
www.amazima.org
9 years ago



2 comments:
THanks for sharing...it really is HARD to put into words a trip that steals your heart forever.
Thanks Pamela! LOVE those kiddos and miss them so. Can't wait to hear more!
Blessings friend, Tams
Post a Comment